Saturday, November 19, 2011

Feminist Movement Paper

In my paper I am arguing that there are many facts to indicate that there is still a need for presence of the feminist movement in society today. I have a few main topics that I want to cover to illustrate this. These topics include: government, sports, workforce, and life at home. I have many facts about women being discriminated in the workforce, and I think that this is my strongest point so I am going to put it last. Some of these examples include references to pay gaps and stereotypes. For life at home I want to discuss the issues of domestic violence. I also think it will be important to include facts about how many  women are stay-at-home mothers and discuss how even those who are not are still placed with the majority of the burdens of domestic chores. For women in government I am going to discuss the advancements that have been made, but I am also going to show how far behind women still are. I cannot decide if sports has enough substantial evidence to support my claim. I want to think of a more primary example but have not thought of one yet. My refutation of the claim that the feminist movement is dead will discuss the idea of gender schemas and how these stereotypical beliefs contribute the the fact that women are still continuing to be oppressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment